How to Manage Multiple Social Media Pages -by Ashlee McDougall, Social Media Coordinator
Fresh content and social media are king in the digital age, so it’s critical for new businesses to have a strong presence to attract new customers and engage with existing ones. Posting engaging content for multiple clients can be difficult, especially when there’s overlapping schedules. But, following some simple guidelines can help make it pain-free, and even fun. Here are six tips to create the perfect social media content for your clients:
- Find the voice of the brand. Research the company and find inspiration from their website and the owners themselves. Brainstorm their likes and dislikes to get a feel of where to dive deeper in your market research.
- Look at the competitor’s social media and see what is working and what’s not. Fine-tune the voice of your client’s page by utilizing the things you found interesting and skip the things that made you yawn.
- Schedule your posts for clients that are similar on the same day. This can make it easier to get into a creative flow and keep that content rolling. Be sure to proofread all of your posts to make sure there are no spelling errors and that they fit into the voice of the client. Facebook has a schedule feature built in so you can focus on content creation and post drafting in just one sitting. Our favorite scheduling application for Instagram, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest is Buffer.
- Ask for feedback from the clients and genuinely listen! Take the feedback to heart and strive to constantly improve your posts to truly hit their needs. Be open to changing your tactics daily as followers are constantly evolving.
- Follow blogs that post helpful tips on social media news and to stay on top of industry trends. Social Media Examiner is a great one to sign up for. At the time of writing this, they just posted a blog on how to make your Instagram stories more aesthetic. If you decide to sign up for a scheduling application, they will likely have a blog you can sign up for as well.
- Have fun! Positing on Social Media for multiple clients should feel exciting and rewarding. You are helping them build their online reputation and by doing so, helping them grow their business and reach their dreams!